Tuesday 16 April 2013

The Deep Town


My Aquarium project, call's The Deep Town. I am always curious about what can we found under the sea since I was a kid. Sadly that I can't be a diver but still, I want to see and feel what sea life is about, and that's why I love aquarium. The only place for me to see something I never met before. And I will never forget the first time when I saw the giant fish that swim pass just in front of me. It is dark in an aquarium and every time when I was there, I feel like I am the only one there. A only per in a dark ocean.



I remember I took these pictures with my compact film camera, and I take the pictures without even seeing the view finder, I tried to feel the moment rather than catching them. And then when I saw the pictures I feel like I am swimming with them in this ocean. May be it is stupid to use film in such a dark place, but after I saw the contrast from it, it really gives me the mystery feeling from what I dreamed about the sea when I was a kid.



I always love dark and cold pictures, and I will try to make everything to become this cold. May be from sunshine to moonlight. I don't know why, but I really love the art wich can give me cold feeling like Hopper, Bacon's painting or Moriyama,Brassai's photography. I love art in a cold form, or may be that's why I love taking pictures in place like this, as the ocean is always so dark and cold.




 © Rusty Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment